Not at fault accidents
Need a car while yours is being repaired?
Being involved in a motor vehicle accident is stressful. And if you’re left without the use of your car as a result, it’s also very inconvenient!
Regardless of who was at fault in your accident, SWICH can get you back on the road with minimum fuss.
Our service will ensure you’re provided with a replacement vehicle for the duration of your vehicle’s repair or until you receive your total loss settlement.
Not-at-fault replacement service
If you are able to confirm that the accident was not your fault and there is an identifiable third party, SWICH can:
- Recover your damaged vehicle and transport it to an approved repairer (if it is not legally drivable)
- Arrange the estimate for repairs
- Oversee the repair process
- Provide a ‘like for like’ replacement hire vehicle whilst yours is being repaired
- Help you claim for any uninsured losses (eg insurance policy excess, hire charges, los of earnings, etc.)
- Help you access legal advice from specialist solicitors.
Replacement vehicle costs
If you are not at fault or if you have optional replacement vehicle cover, it is likely there will be no cost to you.
If you are the not-at-fault party in a motor vehicle accident, you qualify for a ‘No Fault, No Cost’ accident replacement vehicle if the at-fault driver
- has comprehensive insurance
- has Third Party property damage cover.
If you are the at-fault party, you can hire a replacement vehicle from SWICH at our competitive daily rates. If you have accident replacement vehicle cover, you are entitled to recover rental costs from your own insurance.
If your vehicle is assessed to be a total loss, you may be entitled to a replacement vehicle until you receive settlement from the insurance company.
How to make it all happen!
SWICH aims to make the process as hassle-free as possible.
- Contact: Speak with one of our trained experts to get independent professional advice about the options available to you.
- Apply: Complete the SWICH Application form <link>, ensuring you provide clear details about the accident, insurance cover and vehicle repairs needed.
- Documentation: Provide current supporting documents, including
- Driver’s licence
- Vehicle registration documentation
- Insurance schedule showing your excess amount.
- Delivery: Once approved, we will contact you to arrange collection or delivery of your replacement vehicle. We can deliver directly to you at home, at work or at your repairer (please note that delivery charges may apply).
We do ask that you provide valid credit card details to cover costs incurred during your rental period, for example traffic infringements, tolls, damage, etc.
- Repairs: We can help you choose a quality repairer and we can keep in touch with your repairer to check on the progress of repairs to your vehicle. If your car is a total loss (sometimes described as a “write off”), your insurer will be able to provide you with a settlement letter.
- Return: Once your vehicle is repaired and ready to go, simply get in touch with us to arrange a time and place to return your replacement vehicle.
WHY CHOOSE SWICH?
We’re here to help you get back on the road with minimum fuss. Our top priority is getting you back in the position you were in before the accident happened.
You will find us respectful, efficient and thorough.
Wherever possible, we will provide you with a ‘like for like’ replacement vehicle. This means that if you drive a luxury car, we will provide you with a replacement luxury car. If you depend on your delivery van, we will provide you with a replacement delivery van.
SWICH has national reach with local branches to ensure an immediate response and same-day turnaround.
Aside from replacement vehicle hire, SWICH offers the following services:
- Specific claims handling, from start to finish
- Liaison with insurance companies
- Overseeing your repairs
- Claiming and recovering for uninsured losses
- Repairer recommendations
- Access to legal advice
- Vehicle collection and delivery services
- 24/7 service
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We understand that being involved in a car accident is a stressful time. You are likely to have lots of questions.
Here are just some of the questions our customers have asked us. If you have questions of your own, we invite you to get in touch with our team for a no-obligation chat. Simply phone 1300 809 747.
How quickly can I get access to a vehicle?
If your vehicle is off the road, SWICH can have you behind the wheel of a replacement vehicle within 24 hours – and often on the same day.
If your car is roadworthy and drivable, we may need you to wait until it has been assessed.
Why do I have to provide so much paperwork?
We get it – paperwork is a pain. Unfortunately, insurance companies require a lot of information in order to process any claim.
The great news is SWICH can help. If you are unsure about how to fill out your paperwork, we can step you through the process for a speedy outcome.
How will I know if my application for a replacement vehicle has been successful?
We’ll get in touch and will also let you know which branch will be delivering your vehicle.
How much will a replacement vehicle cost me?
If you are not at fault, your replacement vehicle will be provided to you on a ‘credit hire’ basis. This means that SWICH will hire the car to you, defer the costs and send the bill to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. So nothing for you to pay!
Which repairer should I use?
We will support you to access the repairer of your choice – not just the cheapest option your insurance company prefers!
SWICH can provide advice to help you choose a quality repairer to ensure your car is repaired with genuine parts.
And no need for you to go running all over town to source different quotes. We can do all of that for you.
What does ‘demurrage’ mean?
You might have noticed this term on your insurance policy somewhere. It’s an old shipping term that essentially means the recovery of your car rental costs from the at-fault party (or their insurance company).
Demurrage is also known as ‘credit hire’.
The bottom line is SWICH can act on your behalf to recover the costs of your replacement rental vehicle from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
I have car rental in my insurance policy. Does this change things?
It may be prudent to keep this option in your policy, just in case it is you who one day causes an accident! In that case, you would be provided with a car rental whilst your own car is being repaired. SWICH would then bill your car rental costs directly back to your own insurer.
What kind of replacement vehicle will I receive?
SWICH has a full range of replacement vehicles. Wherever possible, we’ll place you in a similar type of vehicle to the one you are currently driving.
How long can I keep the replacement vehicle?
You can continue to drive the replacement rental vehicle for the reasonable amount of time it takes to repair your own car.
If you are taking the opportunity to have extra repairs done to your car, you will need to tell us about that beforehand.
There is always someone available at SWICH to take your call.
1300 809 747
SWICH has offices in Warrnambool, Melbourne, Sydney and on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
1101 Raglan Parade